The foods we eat play a great role in how our body responds to inflammation and soreness as a result of strenuous activities such as exercise. There are certain foods that contain the right nutrients that specifically target muscle recovery.
Here are top 5 foods that aid muscle recovery:
- Salmon – Salmon is actually a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids which is very effective in fighting inflammation and soreness. Look for wild Salmon, not farm raised.
- Pineapple – Pineapple contains an enzyme called Bromelain which is responsible for digesting protein, inflammation and reducing joint pains.
- Ginger – Ginger has a great reputation for reducing swelling and inflammation. It contains an anti-inflammatory compound called gingerols which is very effective for pain relieve
- Turmeric – Turmeric contains a powerful anti-inflammatory chemical called curcumin.
- Berries – Berries contain polyphenols antioxidants which help protect cells from free radical damage. These antioxidants neutralize free radicals that cause inflammation.
These are the foods you need to eat regularly if you’re one that performs exercise or other strenuous activities that lead to inflammation and muscle soreness.
What about inflammation on your muscles and tendons hindering your sports performance?
The proper diet is always an essential element of peaking your performance. A way to compliment your diet to fight inflammation is to also use a trans-dermal herbal sport rub like Athlon Rub. Skin is a bodies largest organ, using Athlon Rub which is formulated to be absorbed quickly will also help. Many of Athlon Rub's ingredients were selected for their anti-inflammation properties. If you're always traveling it might be tough to prepare the right meal all the time. That's where Athlon Rub sports rub comes in. It's made up of a natural, smooth, and quick absorption formula available in a 3.4 fl oz. bottle.
It's perfect for when you're on the go or for those times you need something to complement your well-balanced diet.