How to Use
Athlon Rub is a topically applied herbal sports oil which is rubbed and / or massaged onto the body before and / or after strenuous activity.
- Shake product rigorously as it is formulated with oils and extracts and not fully diluted as other products are.
- This natural state is why the product appears cloudy and not fully uniform inside the container.
- Avoid applying on face, private areas and armpits which are very sensitive.
- If a hotter sensation is desired, apply when pores are diluted such as after obtaining a brief sweat or after coming out of a shower.
- Apply directly on body or onto hands and rub in.
- Athlon Rub is more a Pre-use application and can be used post actively as well to aid with recovery or as part of your sport therapy regime.
Essential oil molecules are so minute that when they are applied to the skin; they are able to pass through the outer layer of the epidermis. From here the oil molecule passes through dermis, into the capillaries and into the bloodstream. Absorption also occurs through the hair follicles and sweat ducts. There are many factors that affect absorption of an oil molecule. Both rate of circulation and the warmth of the skin increase blood flow to the surface, therefore increasing the skin’s ability to absorb the oil. Circulation and warmth can be increased by massage.
The larger the area of skin that is covered, the more essential oils will be absorbed. The permeability of the skin is also a factor. Thinner skin eg: skin behind the ears and the inside of the wrists are very permeable. The palms of the hands and feet, armpits and scalp will more readily absorb oil molecules than the arms, legs, belly, back etc.